[nSLUG] Executable won't execute on Debian Stretch

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Sat Jul 1 13:36:19 ADT 2017

On Sat, Jul 1, 2017 at 10:22 AM, Joel Maxuel <j.maxuel at gmail.com> wrote:

> I thought Google/Alphabet took flash out of Chrome (or blocked its use),
> around the same week Adobe started to support it for Linux again?
>
> https://www.theverge.com/2016/5/15/11679394/chrome-to-block-
> flash-later-2016

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/about/

Test page shows my flash in Chrome on Debian is current.

The source article they link says:

We will continue to ship Flash Player with Chrome, and if a site truly
requires Flash, a prompt will appear at the top of the page when the user
first visits that site, giving them the option of allowing it to run for
that site

This is how it works today.  Flash asks for permission to run for each site.

There are too many commercial uses for Flash for them to try to ban
it quickly as deprecated tech.  People do more than
Youtube and Facebook in their browsers.  Browsers have often
become the platform rather than writing an application
for an OS.