[nSLUG] HP3830 OfficeJet Printer problem with Ubuntu 16.04

Frank Geitzler frank.geitzler at ns.sympatico.ca
Fri Feb 24 11:45:59 AST 2017

I have a new printer, which seems to work well with my old WinXP desktop
system,USB connected.  When disconnect the usb cable from desktop system
and connect it to my laptop system, running Ubuntu 16.04, any print jobs
are held, and when I release them, they are immediately held again.  The
3830 is set as the default printer, and no other printer is connected.
Files I want to print can be transferred to a USB drive, and then
printed from the WinXP system as a bypass, but this is obviously not
what I want to do in an ongoing procedure.  I have attached a screen
print of what I think might be useful, but am open to suggestions.