[nSLUG] Experience with FiberOp?

Joel Maxuel j.maxuel at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 07:34:21 AST 2017

Hi all,

Thanks for the information.  I ended up cancelling the installation as I
cannot abide by their acceptable use policy.  Even though there are no caps
(nor where I am now), with Fibe they have the right to approach you on your
data usage and if need be, suspend service.

What really got me though is that running an SSH service to remote access
your system is considered by them as a "disruptive activity" and prohibited.

http://www.fibreop.ca/legal-regulatory/terms-of-service/fibreop-service
http://www.fibreop.ca/legal-regulatory/acceptable-use-fibreop-internet

Ideally, yes, I should have a business account given these gripes.  But
also, the above were never an issue with my current provider, only the
random blocking of VPN servers (which I rarely use or need).  Finally,
given the added cost for a business account, it seems easier to stay where
I am.

--
Cheers,
Joel Maxuel