[nSLUG] Experience with FiberOp?

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 20:05:00 AST 2017

The modem they supplied for me had telnet open to the world even with the
"firewall on".

I nmap'ed my neighbours, and the /24 subnet above and below me.  About 21%
had telnet open.

I replaced mine with an Asus router using Merlin WRT firmware which
supports the VLAN tagging
required of Bell's fibre op and TV solution.

For TV, it is crazy.  Put a PIN on purchases, even if you don't have kids.
Entering
a channel you don't get causes the next nearest one to be selected.

My Dad is in his 80's and his bill came back with Power Rangers and The
Smurfs movie.
Yeah, they have a prompt on purchasing the show with only an OK button
and no cancel or other option.