[nSLUG] [OT] Anyone here with Chebucto connections? Help sought.

Richard Bonner ak621 at chebucto.ns.ca
Fri Aug 25 03:47:15 ADT 2017

On Thu, 24 Aug 2017, Mike Spencer wrote:

> My son David has had a paid email account with Chebucto for years.
> Now he's having a vexing time trying to get his email working after
> a screwup at their end and weeks of subsequent trying.

***   Was that the same week that Bell had troubles which affected
Eastern Canada? I had a problem then, too.

> No one who answers the phone there seems to be able to get it
> straightened out

***   They have new people there after the former office manager
moved on.

> and now important email (such as from his son's elementary school)
> is bouncing off an over-full queue that he's unable to read or
> process.

***   Has he checked his quota? Might his box be actually full? If he
saves mail on their server to folders, it can fill quickly.

> Anybody here have an inside connection there who could suggest
> strategy, who specifically he should talk to or, better, given the
> details could just go in and fix it?

***   I do. I shall pass this on to the powers-that-be.

> Private off-list reply is okay if appropriate.

***   It will be taken there as soon as I get an answer for you.

  Richard