[nSLUG] Problem connecting new installation Firefox to BellAliant FibreOp

Joel Maxuel j.maxuel at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 13:49:00 ADT 2017

Hi Frank,

I would fire up a shell to see what your network connectivity is like.
Commands such as:

sudo ifconfig -a
ping 142.227.51.5
traceroute 142.227.51.5

The first will tell you the status of your network interfaces.  If you only
have loop setup (no eth0 or eno1, for example), then although there is
hardware link, the network card has not been initialized (nor did get an IP
address).  If an interface is there but the IP addr starts with 169.254...,
you may have some router config to do.

The other two commands will try to access a sever i always ping when in
trouble, Dept of Education's mail server.

Hope this provides a good start.

--
Cheers,
Joel Maxuel