[nSLUG] Access to imap.chebucto.ns.ca from Eastlink

Robert McKay robert at mckay.com
Sat Apr 22 20:54:55 ADT 2017

On 2017-04-22 23:39, George N. White III wrote:
> I use gmail for lists, so delivery times aren't relevant.   It would
> be useful if you could try "openssl s_client -showcerts -connect
> imap.chebucto.ns.ca:993 [5]".

There does seem to be a problem with port 993. Perhaps someone has
accidentally firewalled it off at chebucto or maybe at dal.

You can use starttls on the normal imap port 143 instead and that seems
to be working, eg:

openssl s_client -showcerts -host imap.chebucto.ns.ca -port 143
-starttls imap

Maybe you can use that until chebucto fixes their firewall.

Rob