[nSLUG] Emacs + LXDE

robbie macg robbie.macg at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 12:09:55 ADT 2017

Hi,
Set up a new install on a little netbook I inherited recently. I'm running
Fedora 25 with an LXDE front end. So far so good, except for one thing...

When I run Emacs (GUI) there's some kind of miscommunication that results
in the minibuffer (bottom part of the application window where commands
appear as you type them) rendering behind the panel at the bottom of the
screen or otherwise out of view. Google offers little in the way of advice.
Any LUG members have thoughts about how I should try to tackle this problem?

Thanks,
Robbie