[nSLUG] The "I would like to do a talk" talk's title

Corrie Watt corriewatt at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 07:00:20 ADT 2016

My thoughts on titles for talks/articles:
It seems that 'click-bait' titles for articles and talks are the
flavour-du-jour. I have noticed this practice becoming more and more
prevalent, even amongst the educated. I have no opinion as to whether
this is good or bad; it appears to be a result of trying hard to get
people to read one's online offerings. To me, it is the quality of the
content that matters -- silly title or not.

Cheers,
Corrie