[nSLUG] I would like to do a talk

zak martell zak.martell at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 11:01:45 ADT 2016

Hi Baha,

I worked in web hosting for the past six years working in a 24/7/365 team
in the operations team. I am very used to web servers going down or someone
or group attacking one of the 100,000s of websites hosted and especially in
a shared hosting platform.

Apache is very important. When I called it "why you should never use it" I
don't mean to insult it just point out a lot of its flaws and how a simple
script kiddie could overload it and stop requests to other visitors(dos).
It was also just to make an interesting title. To add to it, go more in
depth into ways Apache believes you can stop it but it can't, mostly in
http design flaw. Other web servers suffer in the same way, but Apache
definitely puts a big name to it and later discussion into Apache config
might be more familiar to listeners.

I really wish to eventually become a school teacher so I want to do some
public speaking. I think something like security or pen testing or things
like DoS might interest people more than a talk on how to tune Apache. I am
also open to doing a docker one as I have mentioned or anything else I may
be capable of.

Anyways I hope to see you all this evening at the meet up. Perhaps I can
better explain or defend in person.