[nSLUG] System performance, etc.

zak martell zak.martell at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 10:21:40 ADT 2016

Hi Frank,

What happens if you run "free -m" ?

Also, theres a GNOME equivalent to "Task Manager" called System Monitor
that should already be installed -
https://help.gnome.org/users/gnome-system-monitor/

In most cases its usually the lack of hardware acceleration on from the
video card. Windows would do the same if you were to uninstall the
videocard driver. Since keystrokes use very little resources, it tends to
be the refresh of the screen that is done after every keystroke that makes
it seem slow.