[nSLUG] Sorry for my previous reply Re: Question re. Installing GRUB (not GRUB2) on a 'new' hard drive

Frank Geitzler frank.geitzler at ns.sympatico.ca
Sun Oct 30 23:05:57 ADT 2016

Sorry for my previous reply, Stephen. Please disregard it.   I did some
more digging this evening, and realized that I was using a 32-bit
install DVD to update a 64-bit system -which a search tells me would
cause just the error I received with my 'chroot' command.  I wall use
the proper DVD tomorrow, when I am more awake.  Further research tells
me that I can also install GRUB2, rather than GRUB, and I will do so.  I
also noted some typos in the commands In my earlier message.  Sorry
again.
Frank