[nSLUG] Free: Lenovo M58 SFF Desktop

Joel Maxuel j.maxuel at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 09:17:10 AST 2016

Hi,

It's that time again when I am giving away stuff.  This time it is a Lenovo
M58 SFF (slim) desktop PC.

It comes equipped with a Intel Core2Duo 7400 processor, 4GB of DDR2 RAM (3
of 4 slots used), 250GB Hard Drive and CD/DVD Reader/Writer.  Video (VGA,
DisplayPort), sound, and network are all integrated.  Expansion includes a
PCI slot and a PCI-E x16 slot (please note that with the M58 chipsets,
whenever the PCI-E is occupied, DisplayPort will turn off), as well as 6
USB ports in the back and two in the front.  Does not come with a keyboard,
mouse, or display.

Was previously used as a HTPC (drive has been reformatted with Debian
Jessie XFCE) and works well as such as long as the TV supports a VGA
input.  Otherwise, a DisplayPort->HDMI adapter for the video and a nearby
stereo with auxiliary input works well too (my scenario until my latest
build).  Can also work fine as a starter system for someone interested in
Linux.

I don't recall any special considerations to get the hardware off the
ground, except some XRandR adjustments that is probably specific to my TV.
The reformatted install has "password" set to all user (root|user) accounts
for the time being.

Anyone interested, please reply and we can set up a pickup date/time.
Thank you.

--
Cheers,
Joel Maxuel