[nSLUG] Setting up an Thunderbird account with Sympatico on Ubuntu 14.04

Oliver Doepner odoepner at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 14:12:43 ADT 2016

Yep, looks like Bell's email sucks because it is tied at the hip to their
internet service. How last century ... :)

I guess they offer no encryption and SMTP auth because they "trust"
everyone by the client ip being one of their modems.

So if I am not mistaken, if you are away from home, using a mobile device
or switched to a different internet provider their email does/will not work
for you.

I would rather use an established email service like GMail or pay a small
fee for a top-notch service like FastMail.

🐭 🐮 🐱 🐵
Oliver Doepner
http://oliver.doepner.net/