[nSLUG] which distribution of Linux should I choose?

Ge Rard macneil.g at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 20:15:36 ADT 2016

In Debian (and debian based distros like Mint etc)

Package: broadcom-sta-dkms

802.11a/b/g/n wireless network cards: BCM4311-, BCM4312-, BCM4313-,
BCM4321-, BCM4322-, BCM43142-, BCM43224-, BCM43225-, BCM43227-, BCM43228-,
BCM4331-, BCM4360-, and BCM4352-based hardware.

This package provides the source code for the wl kernel modules and
makes use
of the DKMS build utility to install them for the running kernel. The
alternative package broadcom-sta-source can be used instead in case of build
problems.

The wireless-tools package is also required in order to make use of these
modules. Kernel source or headers are required to compile these modules.

Any other distribution will be a variation of the same instructions