[nSLUG] which distribution of Linux should I choose?

Evan Lowry lowry.e at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 14:20:12 ADT 2016

I don't know if a specific distro is going to be that much of a help to
you... outside of maybe going something more stripped down so there are no
conflicts.

The brcmsmac drivers are in the kernel already. Any modern flavour of linux
should do the trick. Just remove the broadcom-wl drivers or any other
drivers that are sitting in the way.

Should be a few topics about this kicking around on askubuntu.

- Evan

On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 2:12 PM, <galaxies_of_light at unseen.is> wrote:

> Hello, group.
> I'm looking for a distribution of Linux that will work with this wifi card:
>
> Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4313 802.11bgn Wireless
> Network Adapter (rev 01)
>     Subsystem: Broadcom Corporation Device 0608
>     Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 17
>     Memory at f0a00000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
>     Kernel driver in use: bcma-pci-bridge
>
> Any suggestions? My wifi card is currently not working with Ubuntu 15,
> Ubuntu 16, or Mint 17, so those are ruled out.
>
> Thank you!
>
> - Sparky

Evan Lowry
Founder, PitchPlay (https://pitchplay.io)