[nSLUG] Donate Hardware to FMM

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 13:54:45 ADT 2016

On Fri, Jul 8, 2016 at 12:20 PM, Daniel AJ Sokolov @mobile <daniel at falco.ca>
wrote:

> You are missing an important piece here: If they wanted to commit fraud,
> they would just keep the untraceable money instead of passing it on. No
> need for any tax credits.
>
> Noone is going to start a complex tax shelter operation to profit off
> toonie donations at the supermarket checkout.

I don't know what they are doing.  I'm saying the accounting checks are
missing and the sample auditor statement from KPMG is saying the same.  The
situation is there for abuse, and past history tells us that any loophole
will be exploited to the full potential.  In these things, the moral
compass is based on whether someone else is doing the same - precedent is
all the business decision makers need to see.

Everyone wants to believe in something.  Belief in the natural honesty of
big business
is just an odd one to choose and doesn't jive with the news.

To understand the potential, one needs to understand scale.