[nSLUG] Donate Hardware to FMM

Dave Flogeras dflogeras2 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 18:29:27 ADT 2016

On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 5:34 PM, Daniel AJ Sokolov <daniel at falco.ca> wrote:

> So the tracking must not be apparent.

As a non-joke response, I've often wondered the same thing; how much of
this donation is really getting to relief, how much is finding ways through
the cracks in the so-called not-for-profit world etc..

With physical donations, obviously a technical answer could be to design
some sort of James Bond device that is tiny, has GPS and cellular radios,
and can do blah blah blah.  This could be solved but would cost more than
I'd be willing to pay to satisfy my curiousity.

I wonder if a ghetto-version of a tracker would work.  Just stick a QR
code, or even a URL and hope that people are curious enough to visit, then
the server can simply use some sort of geoip lookup.  Sort of a
whereswilly.com idea.