[nSLUG] Donate Hardware to FMM

Frank Geitzler frank.geitzler at ns.sympatico.ca
Wed Jul 6 15:30:34 ADT 2016

On Wed, 2016-07-06 at 09:48 -0300, Dave Flogeras wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 1:02 AM, Daniel AJ Sokolov <daniel at falco.ca>
> wrote:
>
>         PS: Anyone of you know how to embed a tracking device in old
>         hardware?
>         I'd be interested to find out where donated HW actually ends
>         up.
>

> Tape a smartphone to it?

A somewhat less high-tech way, although certainly less expensive, could
be the 'message in a bottle' approach; tape a message to the device
providing contact information of the donor, and suggesting that
recipient might tell where and how they obtained the item.  The message
need not provide 'personal' information -for example, it could suggest
that the donor was a member of  NSLUG, and that an email message to
NSLUG would provide the desired tracking information.
Frank