[nSLUG] [frank.geitzler at ns.sympatico.ca: Left out in the cold?]

Eugene Cormier eugene.cormier at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 22:52:10 AST 2016

Never had any issues here, Nest has always worked well for me...

Eugene

----- Forwarded message from Frank Geitzler <frank.geitzler at ns.sympatico.ca> -----

From: Frank Geitzler <frank.geitzler at ns.sympatico.ca>
To: HCC <hcc at chebucto.ns.ca>, "nslug at nslug.ns.ca" <nslug at nslug.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 17:35:20 -0400
Subject: [nSLUG] Left out in the cold?

   I was just listening to the CBC radio, where they were discussing a
   failure in a smart-phone application called "Nest", if I heard them
   correctly.  I think they said that an update to application which was
   pushed out lately had a bug which caused household thermostats
   controlled by the application to shut down, possibly causing users to
   wake up to a very cold house.  It seems that shutting off the phone and
   recharging it (a process of about an hour?) was the only resolution the
   supplier could offer.  Not fun in the middle of a cold spell!
   Frank

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Eugene Cormier
---------------
eugenecormier at gmail.com
Office: Denton Hall Rm.235
Office Hours: Monday & Wednesday 10:30-11:30 (or by appointment)
Phone: (902) 585-1329

Statement of Confidentiality
This message (including attachments) may contain confidential or
privileged information intended for a specific individual or
organization. If you have received this communication in error, please
notify the sender immediately. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are not authorized to use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely
on this email, and should promptly delete this email from your entire
computer system.