[nSLUG] Left out in the cold?

Joel Maxuel j.maxuel at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 21:35:25 AST 2016

I remember there being the Nest thermostats, made by, er, bought out by
Google (or I guess Alphabet now).  So they must make the app as well.  It
(at least the unit) adapts by habits (every time you adjust the thermostat,
it's learning).

I just looked at the app page, under updates.  I guess the cold house
problem would have been one since the 5th of the month, and still ongoing.

I didn't bother with Nest.  I didn't want something that would try to
outwit me.  I just wanted something that would keep a schedule, with the
option to manually deviate until the next schedule.  So I got two of those
(one for each floor) generic (Noma) 8-mode programmable thermostats.  Work
well for me.

--
Cheers,
Joel Maxuel