[nSLUG] Left out in the cold?

Frank Geitzler frank.geitzler at ns.sympatico.ca
Tue Jan 19 17:35:20 AST 2016

I was just listening to the CBC radio, where they were discussing a
failure in a smart-phone application called "Nest", if I heard them
correctly.  I think they said that an update to application which was
pushed out lately had a bug which caused household thermostats
controlled by the application to shut down, possibly causing users to
wake up to a very cold house.  It seems that shutting off the phone and
recharging it (a process of about an hour?) was the only resolution the
supplier could offer.  Not fun in the middle of a cold spell!
Frank