[nSLUG] Talk - Introduction to Linux

David Rodgers davidfrodgers at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 15:03:56 AST 2016

I want to make it clear during my talk that there are many different
Linux distributions and desktop environments to choose from. Having
these choices is an integral part of using Linux. Of course, these
choices can be daunting to a Linux newcomer, so during my talk I will
give (my) recommendations for the distributions and desktop environments
that I think will be the most friendly to newcomers. I intend to
demonstrate Ubuntu, the Unity desktop and the Mate desktop. I also
intend to point out the benefits of other major distros and desktop
environments.

-David

GPG Key ID: 69758E2E