[nSLUG] Talk - Introduction to Linux

Joel Maxuel j.maxuel at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 12:45:22 AST 2016

Just a note, since there is only one projector per room, a side-by-side
would be difficult and time consuming (dualbooting, or bringing two laptops
and swapping video if no KVM available), unless one of the OS'es is run as
guest mode in a VM while the other is the host (i.e. Windows as a virtual
machine on top of Linux or vice versa).

Personally, I wouldn't be too concerned about a side-by-side as the
presentation would be preaching to the converting and the converted (if you
are on the NSLUG list, my guess is that everyone has at least dabbled).
Equivalent concepts or a "dictionary" between features can be helpful, I
just think with a Linux Desktop Environment, those with a windows
background can still relate without having to see the Windows GUI there as
well.

--
Cheers,
Joel Maxuel