[nSLUG] Re: Monday, February 1st, 2016

Mike Spencer mspencer at tallships.ca
Mon Feb 1 16:42:14 AST 2016

Ben wrote:

> Me too. Sorry I missed last one. Wasn't feeling well that day.
>
> Ben
>
> On Jan 31, 2016 8:49 PM, Joel Maxuel <j.maxuel at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I assume so.  I will be there.

Sorry I miss most of them.  The meet will happen 30 minutes or so from
now but it's *such* a nice day, snow's melting, sun's shining, nearly
60F outside.  Can't bear to spend a couple of hours driving into the
city at rush hour when I could be wrassling the base of a treadmill
out of my junk heap beause it might make a nice motor and jackshaft
mount for the ancient drill press I'm trying to fix up.  I'll get back
to playing with Linux along about 11:00 tonight, when all normal folks
are in bed, just after the chicken curry and a couple of episodes of
Agatha Christie's _Poirot_ series. (Just realized that Poirot is
played by the same guy that did Reacher Gilt in Sir Terry's _Going
Postal_.)

ObLinux:

Tnx for pointers, several months ago, on using rsync and, more
recently, formatting a thumb drive.  Have successfully added daily
backup of ~/ to a thumb drive to the less frequent backups to another
computer.  Now trying to figure out why using "full screen" with
mplayer and a DVD on my new(ish) laptop just displays the little video
window in a sea of black while it works as expected on my CRT desktop
monitor.

- Mike

                                                           /V\