[nSLUG] MTP for linux and android phone

Jack Warkentin jwark at bellaliant.net
Fri Dec 16 11:51:07 AST 2016

Hi Sparky

I had the same problem, but solved it in an entirely different way,
using ftp.

There is an android app available from the Google Play Store called ES
File Explorer. It includes an ftp server that only accepts connections
over the local wireless's LAN.

Then there is a Firefox addon called FireFTP available for free download
at http://fireftp.net/. It sets up file-manager type subwindows for both
the FireFTP host and the ftp server that you connect to. Transfers are
made simply by selecting files to be transferred, specifying where the
files are supposed to go on the other site and clicking a transfer
arrow. Once the connection information is set up, all you have to do the
next time is modify the smartphone's IP address in FireFTP, if that IP
address happens to be different the next time.

Of course, FireFTP can be used to access *any* ftp server on the
Internet, but it works great for your purposes.

Hope this helps

Jack