[nSLUG] MTP for linux and android phone

galaxies_of_light at unseen.is galaxies_of_light at unseen.is
Fri Dec 16 10:07:24 AST 2016

Hello,

I am looking for help/advice to mount my cell phone on my linux machine as a USB device and use MTP to transfer files to/from my cell using my computer. I've scoured the forums and tried many different things, but have had no success.

I am running Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa (aka "Ubunu 14.04.5 LTS, Trusty Tahr") and my phone is a Motorola Moto G that runs on android.

I get a couple of errors when I try to mount my cell:
This one:
Could not display "mtp://[usb:001,018]/".
Error: No such interface 'org.gtk.vfs.Mount' on object at path /org/gtk/vfs/mount/1
Please select another viewer and try again.

Or this one:
Unable to mount motorola MotoG3
Couldn't find matching udev device

Can anyone suggest the best next step?