[nSLUG] Issues moving MySQL to a different folder in Ubuntu 16.04

Robin Murray nibor.yarrum at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 09:07:59 ADT 2016

Here are my notes for when I did this last (it worked):

sudo service mysql stop
sudo mv /var/lib/mysql /data
sudo ln -s /data/mysql /var/lib/mysql
sudo nano /etc/apparmor.d/usr.sbin.mysqld
  change occurances of /var/lib/mysql to /data/mysql
sudo service apparmor restart
sudo service mysql start

--
Robin Murray