[nSLUG] Citywide

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 14:39:12 ADT 2016

If the latency was purely bandwidth (no different than volume)
related then it would vary by day and time of day.  The latency
I've seen with Vonage and other companies is consistent for
every call and over every minute of the call.  A single
phone call over one's own ISP isn't taking much
bandwidth.  In addition the bandwidth has grown
immensely in the last 10 years while the latency
is still the same.

I think there is hardware involved in the difference.