[nSLUG] Citywide

Paul Russell prussellster at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 14:17:49 ADT 2016

Three things:
1) prioritized content -- not sharing the phone line with video and other
downloads
2) -huge- bandwidth -- if you paid for that bandwidth over an internet line
then you couldn't afford your computer.
3) 100 years of volume testing, and therefore a solid understanding of how
much volume is required.

Paul

On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 11:20 AM, D G Teed <donald.teed at gmail.com> wrote:

> In my experience, VOIP =
> "I'm sorry, we both started talking at the same time."
>
> I don't understand how standard phone companies digitize
> everything and do not introduce latency of 1.5 seconds, while
> VOIP companies wreck conversation to the point we should
> be saying "over..." at the end of each set of sentences.
>

> On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 10:42 AM, Daniel AJ Sokolov @mobile <
> daniel at falco.ca> wrote:
>
>> I do not.
>>
>> Generally, CityWide's customer service is awful. NavNet was much better.
>>
>> What other resellers are there now?
>>
>> BR
>> Daniel AJ
>>
>> On 21 April 2016 10:11:02 GMT-03:00, Dave Flogeras <dflogeras2 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> >A little off-topic, but I did notice that people here (myself
>> >included) use citywide internet.  Does anyone have their voip phone?
>> >Just wondering how the quality of this service is before I suggest it
>> >to someone.
>> >
>> >Thanks,
>> >Dave

Paul Russell
Parade Marshall, 2016 Sackville Snow Days Parade
President, Sackville Cobequid PC Association
ZipSure.ca - Insurance In A Click
(902) 830-5043