[nSLUG] Google Won't Crawl My Most Recent Webpages

Oliver Doepner odoepner at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 11:58:43 ADT 2016

How is the Google crawler supposed to find the page?
http://aiel.chebucto.biz/Gallery/Archive/Theatre/2014-15.html

One observation: Your page contains <Meta name="robots" content="index,
nofollow">

I guess that Google uses domains as starting points, i.e. something like
http://aiel.chebucto.biz/ or even http://www.chebucto.biz/.

On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 11:55 PM, Richard Bonner <ak621 at chebucto.ns.ca>
wrote:

> Hey, Smart People!
>
>    This is not a Linux question, but many of you do Web stuff, so perhaps
> one or more of you have an explanation and suggestions.
>
>    I have had websites for 20 years. When I create a new page that is an
> extension of an existing one, I copy the .html file while renaming it, and
> then simply replace the text and image references with the new information.
> After a few weeks, Google crawls it which allows my website Search Feature
> to find items on the new page. To do this, I invoke a Google service, the
> code of which you can peruse by looking at the source of one of my "Search"
> pages. An example is at:
>
>               http://AIEL.chebucto.biz/Gallery/Search.html
>
>    Anyway, after some months, Google still has not seen my new pages. They
> can be accessed by any browser I have tried, and the w3c HTML Validator
> recognises the links and pages, yet Google does not. Older pages at the
> site are found by Google as normal.
>

>    Here is a link to one of the new pages. The w3c Validator passes this
> page, but even plunking the full URL into Google's "Search" bar gives a
> "did not match any documents" result. So it's not my "Search" code that is
> at fault, and I assume not my .html document, given the Validation `OK' I
> receive.
>
>      http://AIEL.chebucto.biz/Gallery/Archive/Theatre/2014-15.html
>

>    Ideas? Suggestions?
>
>  Richard