[nSLUG] Bell FibreOP port blocking

Eugene Cormier eugene.cormier at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 14:36:01 ADT 2015

On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 02:26:54PM -0300, D G Teed wrote:
> All ISPs will block outbound port 25 unless the service is commercial level.
> The exceptions are Eastlink will allow smtp relay over 25 to their SMTP,
> and Bell Fibre Op will allow authenticated smtp to their system but disallow
> email that is not from the bellalliant domain.  I'm using smtpcorp.com
> for my relay (smtp2go.com) with their free level (limit of 20 outbound per day)
> and port 2525.
>
> SSH is best for home servers to run on an alternate port anyway, or you will
> have brute force attempts hammering the system 24x7.

I put my ssh port to 443 so that I can connect from hotels and the
like....

Eugene

--
Eugene Cormier
---------------
eugenecormier at gmail.com
Office: Denton Hall Rm.235
Office Hours: Monday & Wednesday 10:30-11:30 (or by appointment)
Phone: (902) 585-1329

Statement of Confidentiality
This message (including attachments) may contain confidential or
privileged information intended for a specific individual or
organization. If you have received this communication in error, please
notify the sender immediately. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are not authorized to use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely
on this email, and should promptly delete this email from your entire
computer system.