[nSLUG] Another question Re: Problem setting up a test server

Frank Geitzler frank.geitzler at ns.sympatico.ca
Tue Nov 24 11:25:29 AST 2015

Thanks, Donald.  Your guideline might suggest why I had a problem.  The
'Zend' installation instructions had me edit the file
"/etc/apt/sources.list" and add the following line:
    deb http://repos.zend.com/zend-server/8.5/deb_apache2.4 server
non-free
I was to then to add Zend's repository public key by running:
    sudo wget http://repos.zend.com/zend.key -O- | sudo apt-key add -

I added the above 'deb ' line at the end of the file '...sources.list',
which if I understand how the library search path would be set up, would
mean that the Ubuntu library would provide any modules first, and the
Zend library would only provide modules which had not already been found
in the Ubuntu library.  Is this correct?

Robin suggested to me that my installation error messages indicate that
php is expecting libxml2 v2.9.0, and I have v2.7.8 installed.  He
suggests that I run the following two commands to attempt to correct
this situation:
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install libxml2
to see if it is able to upgrade.

Before I do this, however, I wonder if I should move the line in the
'..sources.list' to a point closer to the beginning of the file?

Does anyone have a recommendation?  I am inexperienced at this sort of
thing, and don't want to make things even more confused than they are
already.
Thanks for your help.
Frank