[nSLUG] Remote desktop tool?

Eugene Cormier eugene.cormier at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 09:27:43 ADT 2015

On Sat, Mar 14, 2015 at 07:11:13AM -0300, Trina Conrad wrote:
>    Hello,
>    I am trying to find software that will run on Ubuntu that will allow me
>    to remote into my computer at home from my shop so that I can access
>    files as I need them.  I have tried searching through google, but have
>    not been able to find what I am looking for. Any and all help will be
>    greatly appreciated. :)
>    Thanks,
>    Trina

You could also try sshfs. After a simple one liner using your ssh creds

sshfs remote-server:path /home/user/local-mount-point

and you can now browse the remote machine from whichever file manager as
if they we local

Eugene Cormier
---------------
Full-time Instructor
Acadia University
www.eugenecormier.com
eugenecormier at gmail.com
Office: Denton Hall Rm.235
Office Hours: Monday & Wednesday 10:30-11:30 (or by appointment)
Phone: (902) 585-1329

Statement of Confidentiality
This message (including attachments) may contain confidential or
privileged information intended for a specific individual or
organization. If you have received this communication in error, please
notify the sender immediately. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are not authorized to use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely
on this email, and should promptly delete this email from your entire
computer system.