[nSLUG] Re: Remote desktop tool?

Mike Spencer mspencer at tallships.ca
Sun Mar 15 03:17:53 ADT 2015

Michael Crawford <mdcrawford at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 14, 2015 at 6:54 PM, Oliver Doepner <odoepner at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Jack, X11 over internet is unbearably slow, in my experience, don't you
>> think?
>
> But that's why we _have_ X11!

It's painfully slow over dialup or over my aging 10baseT local router
but the few times I've used it with high speed connection at both ends
it was okay.

Don't forget that unless some other piece of software is taking care
of it, you may have to issue "xhost other-hostname" or th elike on
your local machine.  See man xhost(1).

- Mike

                                                           /V\