[nSLUG] Source for early news on security issues

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 11:38:25 ADT 2015

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 10:36 AM, D G Teed <donald.teed at gmail.com> wrote:

> It looks like the Slashdot /security web path might be amongst the
> earliest sites to aggregate broad platform security news.
> I just don't know if that will continue to work - it might be a legacy
> feature which disappears some day.

OK, I have to eat my socks on that one.  That path does
nothing.  It is the same as:

http://slashdot.org/elephant?source=autorefresh

It looks like we need something that does the job if it doesn't already exist.

As suggested by Joel, there is:

http://slashdot.org/tag/security

The headlines don't describe very well on their own.  We need
at least a brief abstract.

Searching in google for security as a topic in slashdot produces this link:

http://slashdot.org/stories/security

Judging by the results, it includes anything with security tagged, or
the word appearing in the title or posting.