[nSLUG] Re: The .config file for compiling a kernel

Mike Spencer mspencer at tallships.ca
Fri Mar 13 03:18:53 ADT 2015

Oliver Doepner <odoepner at gmail.com> wrote:

> If this is on Debian, you can use the Debian toolchain to build the
> kernel: http://kernel-handbook.alioth.debian.org/

Slackware.

I'm happy with an old kernel on my desptop but a new laptop has a
touchpad unsupported by Slack 14.1/kernel 3.10, forcing the use of an
external mouse for X.  I found at least one well-connected person who
opined that it was supported by K 3.14+.  So I'm giving that a shot.

Compile proceeded without error (although I fell asleep while it was
running) but I was too busy today, to tired tonight to make install,
tweak as needed and try it.  More later.

(There are some less annoying problems that I'll likely ask about by 'n
bye.)

- Mike

                                                           /V\