[nSLUG] DDR3 RAM (2GB DIMM), transplanting an HDD into a different PC

Joel Maxuel j.maxuel at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 12:11:43 ADT 2015

Hello all,

I realize when hardware is moved on this list, it typically comes as an
offer, however, I do have a request today.

I bought a PC through Partners for Care, an Lenovo M58 7373 that came with
2GB of RAM.  I am looking to bump this up a little more to be able to call
it an upgrade with my previous setup (CPU benchmarks are currently on par
with my current system, just my current one has been a tad unreliable for a
while now).

Thus I am looking for a 2GB stick (or a pair of 1's) for the "new" PC.  I
checked my favourite retailer's website, Mysterybyte, and their RAM in
stock is too large to accommodate the MoBo (starts at 4GB).  Specs are
DIMM, DDR3, bus speed at least 1066mHz.

Also, as PfC PC's don't come with HDD's, I will be moving my HDD and SSD
over.  Any considerations I should know about before I do this for a smooth
transition?  All I can think of is to pop in a live CD on the new first,
lsmod to a file, and make sure those modules are added (modprobe), in the
first boot of the transplant.

--
Cheers,
Joel Maxuel