[nSLUG] BLOB's and Large File Storage

chris thompson ct8ball at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 14:51:41 ADT 2015

Happy Monday,

Large File storage(Pictures). Is it of any benefit to store such files in a
DB via BLOB? or alternately what in your opinion is the best way to store
and share these on a local network? file-system play any part here? I'm
very interested to hear the feedback from you folks as I'm trying to
architect a mechanism for large file versioning if you will.... aka svn/cvs
for large files, I know there are a few that exist, but I believe a
ground-up approach needs to be taken to maximize the effectiveness of any
solution.

Try not to get duck feet out there.

Chris