[nSLUG] I bought a VGA-to-HDMI adapter, now to get it to work consistently...

Joel Maxuel j.maxuel at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 23:14:35 ADT 2015

I won't say much here, as I already echoed it on StackExchange:

http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/215220/cannot-get-back-signal-after-reboot-using-vga-to-hdmi-adapter

The gist is, never got screen during POST, tested with Debian Wheezy
(netbook), got only GUI.  Quite alright.

Hooked up to HTPC, popped in Debian Jessie installer CD, TV displayed.
After install and reboot, display ceased and still can't get it back.
xrandr says "can't open display".

Lost as to what happened.  Is Xorg using the wrong drivers (currently
intel)?  TIA.

--
Cheers,
Joel Maxuel