[nSLUG] httpd busy on idle machine?

Baha Baydar bbaydar at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 09:07:53 ADT 2015

Hi Mike,

Sounds like you haven't tweaked the default Slackware config. For such a
low volume server I would edit the config (probably in
/etc/httpd/httpd.conf) to check and decrease if needed the following
settings:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mpm_common.html#startservers
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mpm_common.html#startthreads
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mpm_common.html#maxsparethreads