[nSLUG] httpd busy on idle machine?

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Sun Jul 5 07:38:33 ADT 2015

On 05/07/15 03:37 AM, mspencer at tallships.ca (Mike Spencer) wrote:
> chris thompson <ct8ball at gmail.com> wrote:
>> is it on a 64 bit machine?
> You know what?  I don't know for sure. I've assumed that it's a 64 bit
> CPU.  The OS is 32 bit Linux.  lshw reports some devices as "width 32"
> bits, some as 64

Apparently, having 'lm' in /proc/cpuinfo flags indicates it's 64 bits.

http://www.virtualhelp.me/linux/504-find-out-if-processor-is-32bit-or-64-linux

I would say:

$ grep '^flags.*\blm\b' /proc/cpuinfo
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx
lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good nopl aperfmperf pni
dtes64 monitor ds_cpl est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm movbe lahf_lm dtherm
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx
lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts nopl aperfmperf pni dtes64 monitor
ds_cpl est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm movbe lahf_lm dtherm

Ben