[nSLUG] What to do with toner cartridges?

Frank Geitzler frank.geitzler at ns.sympatico.ca
Sat Jan 17 23:29:44 AST 2015

On Sat, 2015-01-17 at 21:08 -0400, Daniel AJ Sokolov wrote:

> Hey,
>
> what do you guys do with empty laser toner cartridges?
>
> I hear they have residual value, that some traders buy and refill them,
> but maybe that is only for larger quantities? I only have 2. :-)

Daniel,
I looked in the black (not yellow pages) phone book for a name I
remembered from many years ago: Ribbons Recycled (81-H Wright Ave.
Dartmouth, phone-902-468-5622).  They used to recycle printer ribbons,
back in the days when impact printers and typewriters actually used
inked ribbons.  Since that market is very limited now, I think they
might have updated their business, if not their name.
In the yellow pages of the same phone book, under Computer Supplies &
Accessories, are six companies listed.  One name is specific to your
question -Maritime Toner Products Inc. HRM -Waverley 902-860-0403.  They
may be able to help you, or point you in the right direction.  If not,
if you need them, drop me a note and I will give you the names and
numbers of the other five companies under that listing.
Frank