[nSLUG] Inexpensive decibel meter for a project?

Daniel AJ Sokolov @mobile daniel at falco.ca
Thu Jan 8 14:52:49 AST 2015

Bad news: First, you need to establish what version if decibel you want to measure (dBm? dBA?). Are you measuring for human ears? Or which animals?

And are you sure Decibel is the wright approach for your needs? Look at Phon or Lp.

Then, you need a higher budget. You need a calibrated microphone, if you want to gather any useful data.

Sorry
Daniel AJ