[nSLUG] January 5th meeting

Frank Geitzler frank.geitzler at ns.sympatico.ca
Sun Jan 4 11:36:52 AST 2015

I believe the next meeting of NSLUG will be tomorrow evening at Uncommon
Grounds.
Has anyone experience with Python generating HTML?  I have been
attempting to learn Python by working my way through a book called
HeadFirstPython, and Chapter 7 purports to create a HTML application
with a main form ("webapp/index.html") calling a subsidiary form
("webapp/cgi-bin/generate_list.py"), which in turn will call additional
subsidiary forms or alternatively will return to the main form.  The
main form correctly appears when the simple local server is started and
the Firefox website is pointed to "http://localhost:8080/".  The
filename "cgi-bin/generate_list.py" is displayed when the mouse hovers
over the proper selection area, but when that area is selected, rather
than invoking generate_list.py, gedit is invoked and it attempts to
display the contemts of that file, but appears unable to locate it.  The
file "cgi-bin/generate_list.py" begins with #! /usr/local/bin/python3
and has been marked executable with the command "chmod +x
generate_list.py ".  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Frank