[nSLUG] Another question Re: Problem setting up a test server

Frank Geitzler frank.geitzler at ns.sympatico.ca
Sat Dec 5 10:14:21 AST 2015

Unfortunately I will have to discontinue this project for the present.
The old spare tower I was using to experiment on has encountered
hardware/software problems I can't deal with right now, so I will shelve
this until the new year.  Thanks for all your helpful suggestions.
I did find out some useful things about the 'aptitude' package in the
process, though.  A suggestion some time ago was that I use 'apt-get
cache' to determine the source of the packages which had been installed.
Through attempting to use that command, and checking the web
documentation for aptitude, I found that the proper command is actually
'apt-cache installed showsrce pkg ...' (if I recall correctly).
Merry Christmas to all.  Hope to see some of you at the Dal NSLUG
meeting Monday evening.
Frank Geitzler