[nSLUG] Thunderbird and line wrap control

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 23:52:11 AST 2015

On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 10:19 PM, Monte Stevens <montestevens at eastlink.ca>
wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 03, 2015 at 07:40:36PM -0400, D G Teed wrote:
> > That was the stackexchange question/answer I was thinking of
> > in the original post.  The config editor setting did not help.
>
> "The"?  There are several variables referenced in the answers.
>
> mail.wrap_long_lines
> mailnews.wrap_length
> mail.compose.wrap_to_window_width
> plain_text.wrap_long_lines
> view_source.wrap_long_lines
>
> Have you tried all of these?

Yes, I've thrown every setting possible at the problem, aside
from switching from Debian's current icedove to Thunderbird proper.

> Your original message in this thread contained both a text/plain component
> and a text/html component.  Which are you trying to format?  If text, you
> may find some help at the following links.
> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Plain_text_e-mail_-_Thunderbird#Advanced
>
> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Plain_text_e-mail_-_Thunderbird#Completely_plain_email

I'm emailing here from gmail.  I use Thunderbird elsewhere, and I need
to use HTML format to communicate in the modern world.  I sometimes
use alpine as well, but it doesn't suit all situations, such as Exchange
meeting
invites, embedded media, etc.