[nSLUG] Thunderbird and line wrap control

Monte Stevens montestevens at eastlink.ca
Thu Dec 3 22:19:07 AST 2015

On Thu, Dec 03, 2015 at 07:40:36PM -0400, D G Teed wrote:
> That was the stackexchange question/answer I was thinking of
> in the original post.  The config editor setting did not help.

"The"?  There are several variables referenced in the answers.

mail.wrap_long_lines
mailnews.wrap_length
mail.compose.wrap_to_window_width
plain_text.wrap_long_lines
view_source.wrap_long_lines

Have you tried all of these?

Your original message in this thread contained both a text/plain component and a text/html component.  Which are you trying to format?  If text, you may find some help at the following links.
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Plain_text_e-mail_-_Thunderbird#Advanced
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Plain_text_e-mail_-_Thunderbird#Completely_plain_email

  Monte

Composed in ed, hence the long lines.