[nSLUG] Thunderbird and line wrap control

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 19:40:36 AST 2015

On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 6:02 PM, Monte Stevens <montestevens at eastlink.ca>
wrote:

> D G Teed <donald.teed at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I thought this was working, but it isn't.  I cannot insert
> > line breaks where I want.  I'm running the icedove from Debian.
> >
> > Does anyone else have better luck?
>
> Hi D G,
>

> http://superuser.com/questions/378184/tell-thunderbird-not-to-truncate-or-wrap-lines-when-sending-email
>
> See Joost's comments under the checkmarked answer.  Does that help?
> Check out the rest of the answers and comments.

That was the stackexchange question/answer I was thinking of
in the original post.  The config editor setting did not help.
Some more recent articles about the question sound like
this is a bug or something that used to work and stopped working.
One article said they needed to add Quoted-Printable
header or something to the email to retain the original.

I also tried the Thunderbird extension Toggle word wrap,
but I suspect it isn't suited to the Linux version.

There is such a mishmash of information out there.  One website reported
Thunderbird was EOL and discussed alternatives.  I looked at
one of the alternatives and it was actually EOL, while Thunderbird
seems to be current with recent releases.

The one thing I have not tried yet is a download from the
source site rather than using the Debian icedove build.  I seemed to
recall having a problem getting the source site version working
for me.

  Monte