[nSLUG] Things to do with a Linksys WRT54GS router

Joel Maxuel j.maxuel at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 07:49:32 ADT 2015

Hi Oliver,

Forgot to mention that there were two versions of DD-WRT I tried.  The mini
version (which is what they recommend/promote on the install page), and the
vpn version.  Neither had the full complement of options (up to half dozen
fields missing, essentially the "advanced options" toggle) required to take
advantage of PIA (cert was one of them I think, but one of the guides was
even looking for user name and password entry).

I'm going to chalk that reasoning up to outdated firmware for an abandoned
device (since the updates didn't get past 2010).  Don't know if my 2014
build of Tomato is any better, it is v1.28 and could have been built from a
years-old base as well.  Oh well, not to worry now.

--
Cheers,
Joel Maxuel

 - Ronan Harris / Mark Jackson